“I am committed to working to make Miami-Dade County the safest and healthiest place to live and work . “
Community Outreach Division (COD)
The community outreach team delivers crime prevention, educational and victim services directly to Miami Dade’s residents, schools, faith, civic and neighborhood organizations and business groups. We are available seven days a week to provide access to these services throughout all of Miami Dade County.
The Community Outreach Division (COD), a special unit of the State Attorney’s Office, carries out the unique task of helping the citizens of Miami-Dade County become familiar with the resources available to them and providing education on how to go about obtaining these services.
Although the SAO is primarily a prosecuting agency, the office takes great pride in offering many diverse programs and services aimed at crime prevention, education, and other means of support for South Florida families. Some examples of services that are offered by our Community Outreach Division include:
- The Child ID Fingerprinting Program which helps families provide law enforcement agencies with a vital tool in case a child goes missing.
- The START (Stop Think Act React Tell) Program is designed to empower school-aged children by educating them on alternatives to violence and crime.
- The One Stop Sealing and Expungement Workshop provides the opportunity for an individual to have a lower level crime (for which there was no conviction) eliminated from his/her record; therefore improving employment prospects for the individual and the restoration of their civil rights.
- The Identity Theft / Scam Prevention Presentation is designed to assist in the prevention of identity theft and expose common scams affecting our community.
- The Bullying Prevention Presentation teaches our children how to deal with bullying situations and encourages them to not become a bully, or to end their bullying behaviors.
Justice In Motion (J.I.M.)
“Justice In Motion” is a 37-foot mobile office bus equipped with state-of-the-art technology for community-based interviewing and education. The unit was funded by a Victims of Crime Act grant and Miami-Dade County. The unit allows the Office of the State Attorney to provide an array of services including:
- Assistance and Specialized Services for Families of Homicide Victims, Sexual Battery Victims, Victims of Tourist Crimes, Robbery and Domestic Violence
- Child Support Enforcement
- Community and Prosecution Partnerships
- Criminal Prosecution
- Domestic Violence Arrest Response Team (MOVES)
- Forensic Interviewing of Child Victims
- Grand Jury Investigations
- Identity Theft Prevention
- Investigations of Community Complaints
- Special response for Elderly and Vulnerable Adults who cannot come to us for help and services
- Criminal Intake
- Victim Access Network for Victims and Community Information (VAN)
- Worthless Checks Investigations
- Command Post for Police
- Prosecutors Legislative Operations
Schedule “Justice In Motion” for your next community event!
- Child ID Program (Finger Printing)
- Law Enforcement Support
- Inform and educate the public about the functions and services of the State Attorney’s Office
- Command Center
- DUI Stop Checks
- Pre-Screening for Sealing/Expungement Eligibility
Contact us by Telephone, E-mail or Fax to check our availability for your event:
- Telephone Number: 305-547-0724
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax Number: 305-547-0273 To fax an event request, please use the form Community Request for J.I.M. (PDF Format). If you can not view PDF’s, click on Acrobat Reader to download.