The Office of the State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle is extending second chances through its FREE Seal and Expunge program scheduled for Thursday, February 27, from 4 – 7 p.m. This monthly event will take place at the Little Haiti Cultural Center Marketplace at 5925 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Miami, Fla 33137.
State Attorney Fernandez Rundle’s Seal and Expunge program provides an opportunity for qualified individuals who have been arrested–without convictions–to have one arrest record sealed or expunged. Applicants must bring a government-issued photo ID.
Qualified applicants will receive the following items, at no cost:
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement Application for Certification of Eligibility;
- Courtesy review by an Assistant State Attorney from Miami SAO;
- Fingerprint Card processing by Miami SAO Investigators;
- Certified Disposition provided by the Office of Miami-Dade County Clerk of Court Harvey Ruvin
Participating community agencies include:
- The Office of Miami-Dade County Public Defender Carlos J. Martinez
- The Office of the Miami-Dade Clerk of Court Harvey Ruvin
- The Office of Miami Mayor Francis Suarez
- Drive Legal Program
- Florida Rights Restoration Coalition
- CareerSource South Florida
- The Miami-Dade branch of the NAACP
- HOPE, Inc. (Housing Opportunities Project for Excellence, Inc.)
Miami – February 21, 2020 “Today, Carmen Barahona accepted responsibility for the atrocities she inflicted on two innocent children placed in her care and eventually adopted by her and her...
February 21, 2020
NEWS: Miami Herald--Super Bowl crackdown on human trafficking yields 47 arrests and rescues of 22 victims
Super Bowl crackdown on human trafficking yields 47 arrests and rescues of 22 victims Twenty-two women trapped in human-trafficking operations were rescued during a Super Bowl crackdown on the...
February 21, 2020
Combating Human Trafficking During Super Bowl LIV The goal of the collaborative effort by the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Human Trafficking Task Force, the United States Attorney’s Office, the...
February 20, 2020